Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome to my blog!!!



Time flies doesn't it???

{especially when I am your teacher!!}

I decided that I wanted to have a chance to share more of my thoughts than one hour per week at church would allow -- and I am sure all of you are tired of my lessons running WELL PAST the end of church =-)... So, I have decided to start a blog. Even better, it gives you all a chance to "talk back"!! I actually teach classes for UCLA online, and I love the online discussion format, so I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts here too!

Since we are still getting to know each other -- I figured my first blog post would be a good chance for more get to know you type stuff. So, in response to this blog post I have a little request. Tell me something about yourself that most people would be completely surprised to know!

As I have already told you guys, most people would be very surprised to learn that I like Japanese Anime and Manga. But since I have already shared that with you, I will try to think of something else to add.

Just FYI, I will be posting more here after our lesson on Sunday (especially if I don't get all the way through the lesson), so please keep checking back through out the week to see what crazy and interesting things might pop up!

I can't wait to see what you write!

Sis. Betts

3 comments:

  1. Another thing that most people don't know about me is... I met my husband, Aaron, online -- through a singles website!!! It was www.ldsso.com. LDSSO stands for "LDS Singles Online" -- WOO HOO -- thank you internet! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! hopefully it will encourage me to "reach out to others" so i have something to say! haha

    & im really starting to wish i wasnt leaving mia maids so soon!
    maybe you all will let me still be a part of this blog even after im gone? :)
    <3 Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire -- absolutely!! I hope you WILL still participate, even after you move on to Laurels. Maybe you can get some of your Laurel friends to visit too!! After all, I think we have the same lessons on Sunday -- they might like a challenge too. Don't forget to write something surprising about yourself on this post, and then, write about reaching out on the other post!

    ReplyDelete