Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reaching Out to Others....




Today we had an opportunity to talk about reaching out to others, and to make sure we are using our "light" to light a flame in others. This week we have challenged ourselves to do more "reaching out" to those around us -- especially those we might not normally think of reaching out to. As you do this, I would love it if you would share your ideas, thoughts, and stories here, in response to this blog post. That way, we can use our experiences to encourage each other to do more!

I can't wait to hear about your experiences this week!

Yours truly,

Sister Betts

1 comment:

  1. This week I had a friend that specifically asked me for advice about something. I made plans to go to lunch with her so that I could help her out with this problem. I felt good about this, because I felt like I really was "reaching out" -- especially since I haven't seen this person in over 20 years!! However, I became ill and we ended up not going to lunch (I hate when stuff like that happens!!). More importantly, we are going to reschedule our lunch. Even though we didn't actually get together, I felt that through our talking and planning that we did reconnect in a way that we hadn't in a long time, and I am looking forward to seeing her again!

    Well that's my reaching out story for this week -- what's yours? Am i the only one reaching out? I can't wait to read about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete